Sales Trainee (Account Manager) Job Highlights
|Title||Sales Trainee – Account Manager|
|Location||Jacksonville, FL, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Sales Trainee who must have successfully completed an accelerated training program focused on developing both professional selling skills and a working knowledge of our industry, our customers, and our products.
The Trainee will develop the ability to sell all Airgas products to his/her customer base.
Upon successful completion of the program, the Trainee will be placed in an Account Manager role.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field from a college or university (preferred)
- In lieu of degree, may consider additional related experience.
- The candidates should have prior outside sales/service experience
Learn Business/Develop Sales Skills (50%)-
- Attend and successfully complete online and classroom training assignments
- Develop and maintain positive work habits that are conducive to sales and profitability growth. Observes sales process by traveling with existing account managers to attend sales and service calls
- Develops basic knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms and principles including Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Operating Income, and EBITDA
- Develops working knowledge of our industry, products, and customers
- Learns sales skills by completing a sales training program
- Maintains focus on safety in the workplace by complying with company safety procedures and practices
- Practices sales process by calling on existing and then new accounts; adhering to established sales steps
Demonstrate Practical Application of Knowledge/Skills (50%)-
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk
- Assists customers in their compliance and training with industry safety standards relating to the products and services that Airgas delivers
- Develop and execute plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory
- Develop and execute plans to maintain and grow the existing customer base
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments, and other customer-specific information
- Keeps local, regional, and national Airgas management informed of territory performance, personal performance, and market trends
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers
- Qualifies and pursues sales leads from other parts of the Airgas organization
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
- Works closely with local Branch Managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within an assigned geographical area
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas/welding supply sales is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written/oral communication, listening, and presentation skills. Computer literacy (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, email) and the ability to acclimate to PC-based order entry systems and wireless, handheld scanning devices.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- May be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- May occasionally be required to transverse through the office, warehouse, or manufacturing locations.
- Required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Occasionally may be required to move/transport 25 to 75 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Requires use of computer, telephone, and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
- Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- The company offers a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term/long term disability insurance, vacation, sick, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, tuition assistance, and much more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.