Website West Fraser
Saw Filler Job Highlights
|Location||Riegelwood, NC, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is seeking a Saw Filer who will sharpen and repair band saws, carbide-tipped circle saws, chipper knives, and dressing guide blocks.
Also, responsible for supporting and safely executing the saw filing activities for our lumber manufacturing facility.
- The applicants should have a Degree in Industrial Maintenance from a college/university
- Possess 2 years of experience in Industrial Maintenance including welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Ability to adhere to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with members of the production, shipping, and maintenance teams.
- Able to maintain saw guides.
- Inspect equipment for signs of wear/damage and recognize unsafe conditions.
- Must be able to operate and understand precision measuring and grinding equipment.
- Responsible for inspecting, sharpening, and assisting in replacing large saws in the sawmill.
- Safely filling and maintaining band saws and circle saws, performing machine alignment, maintaining saw filing equipment and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Sharpen, repair, and maintain circular saws, band saws, and knives properly.
- Troubleshoot knife, circle saws, band saws, and guide problems.
- Perform other duties when assigned.
- Must meet criteria of Maintenance Tech as outlined by In-house Test Standards
- Must meet minimum testing standards for Maintenance
- 401K with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training and
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.