Scheduling Technologist Job Highlights
|Location||Texas City, TX, United States|
Dow is an innovative, materials science company. It combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as high-performance buildings, home and personal care, electrical and industrial, consumer goods, and components assembly.
The company is hiring a Scheduling Technologist who will be responsible to use job plans and create a daily and weekly schedule that makes the most effective and efficient use of the available resources.
The Scheduler will also plan certain jobs and plan overflow jobs from the site planners.
- The applicants should have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Scheduler (e.g. Primavera)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a craft (pipefitter, millwright, welder, electrical, maintenance, etc.)
- Craft or vocational certification a plus
- Previous scheduling experience a plus
- Assists in the update of the jobs to be included in the weekly schedule
- Backup for other delegated zone schedulers as needed
- Builds the weekly schedule using Primavera
- Communicates with operations and maintenance on scheduling status
- Identifies resource leveling and leveraging opportunities
- Identify resource requirements for the scheduled jobs using the job plans
- Leads Scheduling improvement efforts
- Leads Zone or Plant SAP backlog review discussions with Operations, WACs, and Planners
- Leads Zone or Plant Scheduling meetings
- Maintain zero overdue PPMs working with PPMC
- Maintains mindset of the scheduler controls the resources
- Mentor for WACs, Planners, or other roles within the workgroup
- Monitors/reviews performance measures: Site Network Aligned Measures and Zone Aligned Measures
- Receives work order into the schedule and reviews for completeness Sets net capacity for the crafts based on information about the area schedule and the related available labor
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Proficiency in use of Web-Ex tools for meetings
- Self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in SAP; Primavera preferred.
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
- A robust total rewards program, including competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
To apply for this job please visit corporate.dow.com.