Website Johnson & Johnson
Senior Device Engineer R&D Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Device Engineer R&D|
|Location||Raritan, NJ, United States|
|Company||Johnson & Johnson|
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures.
Ethicon is recruiting a Senior Device Engineer who will conduct and support R&D efforts in the field of Hemostats, Sealants, and Adhesion Prevention.
He or she will work with other scientists and engineers to design, develop, manufacture and test medical devices in a regulated medical device product development environment.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline from a college or university.
- The candidates should have at least 4 years of work experience in designing and developing products.
- Experience in designing medical products
- Be a creative, hands-on engineer who will participate in the design, development, and commercialization of medical devices of a general mechanical nature.
- Be involved in and/or lead exploratory R&D, new product development, product line extensions, and existing product improvements.
- Be responsible for Design Control activities, such as strategies, technical and design reviews, documentation, and Design History Files
- Co-lead or Support Design Validation activities such as working with Marketing and surgeons/nurses that customer requirements are met.
- Identify user needs via customer interactions (VOC – Voice of Customer), and translate them into accurate customer requirements, design requirements, and detailed specifications.
- Lead and/or support Design Verification activities such as test method development and validation, making fixtures, testing, and authoring completion reports.
- Make and assemble prototype devices for design and development activities such as VOCs, concept testing and optimization, preclinical studies, test method development, and bench-top testing.
- May be a project leader/manager for cross-functional teams (R&D, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sterilization, etc.)
- Perform Design for Manufacturing and Assembly analyses
- Perform detailed design, material selection, and engineering analysis as well as create and/or revise 3D models and technical drawings.
- Work effectively face-to-face and remotely on cross-functional project teams.
- Experience developing combination (drug/device) medical devices products
- Experience in Simulation/FEA and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Working knowledge of component and assembly manufacturing methods (e.g. molding, machining, sheet metal stamping and forming, laser cutting and welding, extrusion, drawing, bonding, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Ability to incorporate manufacturability into the new product development
- Detailed and hands-on knowledge of part/assembly design and drafting, including standard methodologies for dimensions, tolerances, specifications
- Experience in the application of rapid prototyping techniques (3-D Printing, machining, assembly, etc.)
- Experience in developing test methods and writing completion reports
- Expert CAD knowledge is required – Solidworks is a plus
- Working knowledge of basic statistics
- This position may require up to 10% travel domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.