Website Baxter International
Senior Engineer (Sustaining Mechanical) Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Engineer, Sustaining Mechanical|
Baxter International is a medical equipment manufacturer. The company has a leading portfolio of diagnostic, critical care, nutrition, kidney care, hospital, surgical products, and solutions.
The company is searching for a Senior Engineer (Sustaining Mechanical) who will be responsible for mechanical engineering product design including-
- Responsible for the design of a product or solution, from conception to design and verification.
- Applies expert technical knowledge and engineering principles in the development of products and solutions.
- Provides guidance to other engineers for technical issues, design reviews, and complex problem resolution.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Possess 5 to 8 years of experience designing and developing complex mechanical products
- Lead and collaborate closely with other Mechanical Engineers to design, develop, or direct research and tests to validate the effect and consequences of designs, processes, or product enhancements across projects or products, to make products that meet all performance and functional criteria within the required project schedule.
- Lead the design reviews with the Core Team and Design Review Committee – justify design detail and collaborate with other team members
- Leads requirement analysis, detailed design, and verification activities for a product or solution.
- Makes difficult design trade-offs and decisions about features, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Primary accountability for a major element of a project determines all tasks that are required and is responsible for the project outcome.
- Proactively determines measures and standards of success for the project, product, and process quality within project teams.
- Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from internal and external options, and applies an appropriate methodology to identify issues/concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and contribute to project life cycle from concept to production implementation
- Demonstrates expert judgement in selecting methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Experience in finite element analysis (FEA) – ANSYS, on structural analysis.
- Experience in using DFSS tools – Stack-up tolerance analysis, DOE, MSA, and failure analysis.
- Experience with DFMEA and Risk Assessment methods
- Material and process knowledge – metal stamping, injection molding, insert moulding, die casting, extrusion, machining, plating, welding, and powder coating
- Proficient with 2D and 3D modeling software (SolidEdge), with GD&T knowledge.
- Recognized subject matter expert for designed technology, solution, or process.
- Working knowledge of office management software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 2 Days a Year to Volunteer
- Continuing Education/Professional Development
- Employee Health and Well-Being Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Parents.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baxter.com.