Website DTE Energy
Senior Engineer (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Engineer – Welding|
|Location||Big Rapids, MI, United States|
DTE Energy is the largest diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide.
The company is seeking a Senior Level Engineer who will be responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities.
Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice, and disciplines, including practical field experience.
Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues.
Participates in and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers, and other personnel.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a university or college.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of job-related experience
Other Preferred Ones-
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline
- Familiarity with operational and construction record requirements of the latest edition of the Michigan Gas Safety Standard
- Knowledge of welding acquired from practical experience and professional credentials including a degree in welding technology
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management and external parties (contractors, customers, etc.)
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- You may mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
DTE Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dteenergy.com.