Website Cajun Industries
Senior Engineering Cost Control Job Highlights
|Senior Engineering Cost Control
|Norco, LA, United States
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and design.
The company is seeking a Senior Engineering Cost Control who will focus on managing costs and resources for business operations.
The practice includes forecasting and developing projects in their early stages to predict their success and potential risk.
Cost Control helps project managers make informed decisions about the budget and timeline of their projects.
- Applicants should have an Engineering, Finance/Business Degree or Equivalent (preferred)
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of hands-on industry experience in a variety of project control roles (preferred)
- Provide overall project cost, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise-
-Develop and maintain the Project Controls related plans and procedures
-Fully understand the scope of the project, and contractual requirements, identify the major milestones, and set clear priorities for the project team
-Manage Project Costs throughout the project life cycle
-Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project
-Participate in kick-offs and ongoing meetings with the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor(s) to ensure a common understanding of project controls requirements
-Serve as the budget custodian, lead financial close-out of the project, and participate in other project close-out activities
- Stewards Project cost with ongoing project analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and Change Management-
-Administer the project change control process and communicate the implication of changes.
-Analyze trends, and prepare forecasts, opportunities, and vulnerabilities-Coordinate the collecting, analyzing, and reporting of project cost control information to ensure overall project status is assessed, potential problem areas are identified
- Monitoring and appraising the performance of the Contractor(s) in the areas of cost control, progress measurement, and control-
-Analyze cost and progress reports and trends developed by a contractor
-Assist in developing/reviewing cost corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
-Ensure that proper and effective project control measures are executed by the Contractor
-Review and endorse progress and cost baselines and forecasts prepared by contractors
-Review and endorse the plans and procedures developed by the contractor. Ensure implementation of the same.
-Review cost bases of contractor’s Change Proposals/Orders
- Computer and software skills include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, and electronic presentation programs.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- Prior experience with Projects, Turnarounds, or Maintenance (a plus)
- Strong ability to influence without authority, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management/leadership
- Actively cooperate with members of your project task force, and members of your department, as appropriate.
- Maintain coordination with all team members for information, specific job scope, and efficient design.
- Make a particular point of establishing a mutually respectful professional as well as a personal relationship with key personnel with whom you interact.
- Understand expectations, as determined by the team.
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.