Senior Engineering Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Engineering Technician|
|Location||Chesapeake, VA, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e., Health, Transport, Justice & Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is seeking a Senior Engineering Technician who will be responsible for performing non-routine and complex assignments involving the responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project that will be performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations.
Play a critical role in ensuring that successful and safe work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and our Military installations which is vital to our Mission to protect and serve our Military.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- An OSHA 10 certification or ability to obtain the certification and be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
- Must have NAVSEA connector certification and NAVSEA Fiber termination certification.
- NAVSEA Certified in Fiber Optic Termination to include experience and knowledge of Close in Weapon Systems (CIWS) Deutsch-specific Fiber Optic Pins and connectors to include testing.
- Possess 8 to 10 years of experience (shipboard experience is highly preferred)
- Analyze results and redesign or modify equipment to improve performance, and reports results.
- Analyze technical data to determine applicability to design problems; select from several possible design layouts; calculate design data; and prepare layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
- Conduct tests or experiments.
- Contact personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
- Design, develop, and construct major units, devices, or equipment.
- Determine test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conduct tests using all types of instruments; analyze and evaluate test results and prepare reports on findings and recommendations.
- From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment without critical performance requirements which are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry.
- May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine the adequacy of drawings and design.
- May train and be assisted by lower-level technicians.
- Outline objective, requirement, and design approaches completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements.
- Plan or assist in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance.
- Review, analyze, and integrate the technical work of others.
- Select and adapt plans, techniques, designs, or layouts.
- Familiar with the termination and operation of the Close-in Weapon System (CIWS) firing cutout circuits and Mount train warning bells.
- Knowledge and experience with structural installation efforts including welding and fitting.
- Experience and knowledge with Close Weapon System (CIWS) Equipment Layout including the Remote Control and Local Control Stations.
- Ability to work 2nd and 3rd shifts as needed.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance. This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens, be able to obtain gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA & DBIDS), undergo a background investigation, and pass a drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to various work sites.
Serco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.