Senior Fabrication Content Detailer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Fabrication Content Detailer|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Senior Fabrication Content Detailer to join its team for various fabrication content-related needs.
- The applicants should have obtained an Associate’s Degree or Higher in CAD, Drafting, Piping Design from a college/university, or evidence of exceptional experience.
Note: Candidates will be required to pass a live content detailing test in Fabrication CADMEP for this role.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience as a piping designer/fabrication detailer for a major mechanical construction contractor or on an owner-operator design team for a high-tech facility (semiconductor, petrochemical, etc.).
- Assign ancillary materials to fabrication parts such as bolts, gaskets, washers, etc. to improve the level of detail of isometric drawings and material take-offs.
- Assign properties to parts and content in Revit models to make estimates and exports more accurate, including procurement codes and schedules of rates. Work with the Procurement and Estimating teams to ensure content and properties are up to date and that exports are easily processed by downstream customers.
- Audit bill of material/bill of quantities exports for accuracy. Troubleshoot exports when errors are found or suspected.
- Build fabrication part content for piping, instrumentation, and pipe supports in CADMEP from vendor cut-sheets or converts parts from Revit, .stp files, or other software platforms. In some cases, parts may need to be built from scratch.
- Ensure content is usable in Revit and exports accurately to .pcf files for pipe stress analysis in Caesar II and Bentley AutoPipe.
- Manage Fabrication CADMEP content database and ensure part library accuracy. Troubleshoot and diagnose software issues with database content.
- Ability to read master piping and valve specifications.
- Deep knowledge of piping design, valve selection, piping construction methods, welding methods, mechanical reliability programs, and instrumentation strategies.
- Experience reading and interpreting stress isometrics and fabrication drawings, P&IDs, and plan views. Experience flying and reviewing models in Navisworks and/or Revizto. Experience reviewing structural drawing sets to ensure content accuracy/cross-check structural details for pipe supports.
- Software proficiency with Fabrication CADMEP and Revit.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.