Website Edgewell Personal Care
Senior Facilities Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Facilities Engineer|
|Location||Milford, CT, United States|
|Company||Edgewell Personal Care|
Edgewell Personal Care is a team of an inspiring and collaborative global force of visionaries, doers, and makers.
The company is seeking a Senior Facilities Engineer who will manage the operation and maintenance of facility mechanical systems. Directs and supervises the activities and functions of the plumbers, welder, and HVAC technicians in the plant.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 to 10 years of experience in the Plant Engineering environment or related fields.
- They should have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience with skilled trades, primarily mechanical (required).
- Designs mechanical systems within the facility to efficiently and safely provide set requirements of new and existing applications.
- Ensures the safe, efficient operation of the boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, HVAC, and other mechanical systems within the facility.
- Key contributor for the plant energy conservation and cost reduction programs.
- Manages all aspects of the maintenance management system (SAP system).
- Monitors and manages the performance, effectiveness, and efficiencies of all mechanical work performed by Edgewell and outside contractor tradespeople.
- Reviews and evaluates anticipated maintenance and repair requirements for the next year. Formulates the annual budget for the mechanical equipment maintenance systems in the building. Administers and controls all related expenditures.
- Supervises and coordinates daily maintenance requirements for the facilities mechanical group by planning workload and schedules for the mechanical crew.
- Assumes the duties of Incident Commander, and reports to the scene whenever an incident occurs (roof, tunnels, etc.). Acts as a direct representative of the Company interfacing with official representatives from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Ensures that all insurance carrier requirements are met through maintenance activities, documentation control, design, and corrective actions. Serves as liaison between the Fire department and insurance carrier with regards to new projects within the facility.
- Ensures that close control of the recording of charges and labor costs is maintained, to provide accurate tracking of projects and departmental expenditures so as to permit customer departments to operate within their approved budget.
- Estimate jobs or projects and provide quotations to the supervisors, managers, or engineers requesting quotations for budgeting purposes.
- Maintains all necessary records for effective personnel and budget controls.
- Maintains close contacts with Production Management, Engineering Management, Central Tool Room, supervised colleagues, and other support groups.
- Makes frequent observations in the plant of activities being performed by trades colleagues to ensure that all quality standards are being maintained. Completes a final inspection on all-complex installations or maintenance jobs to be sure that quality workmanship was performed and the job was completed to spec.
- Prepares requisitions for maintenance materials, project materials, replacement parts, or equipment components as required, subject to manager’s approval.
- Reviews requirements, collect specific details, determines intervals, and implements the Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Schedules all activities for Semi-Annual Plant Shutdown.
- Specifies and manages the installation of new facility mechanical equipment.
- Utilizes the team concept within the department and supports all production teams.
- Work closely with Plant and Engineering Services Manager in planning and executing specific projects and assignments. Keeps the Plant and Engineering Services Manager informed of the status of Plant Service Equipment, and major projects that impact the operation of the facility or specific Production Department.
- Works with and represents Edgewell with contractors, vendors, supply houses, and outside agencies, insurance companies, and other regulatory agencies.
- Must be knowledgeable of all utilities including Steam Generation, Air Compressors, Vacuum Pumps, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical Distribution Networks, and Maintenance related trades.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Environmental impacts of all projects and maintenance and a basic understanding of the laws that Plant Engineering must comply with while keeping the plant operational.
- Must have a working knowledge of the OSHA regulations that apply to industry, such as Guarding, Lockout/Tagout, Electrical Safety, Safety equipment, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Mechanical Code and NFPA codes.
Edgewell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All the qualified applicants are considered equally and the company prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.edgewell.com.