Senior Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Caruthersville, MO, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
Arcosa Marine is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways. The company manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. Arcosa Marine also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
Arcosa Marine is searching for a Senior Fitter who will lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches in preparation for welding.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have some work-related experience.
- Aligns parts using jack, turnbuckles, overhead cranes, pins, wedges, and hammer
- Complete all required records
- Cut and wash with a torch (Oxy-Fuel)
- Identify parts for assembly in proper order
- Inspect and ensure that completed work conforms to specifications by the company and government standards (e.g. Coast Guard standards)
- May perform repairs for testing if required
- May serve as a problem-solving resource to others
- Measure to specifications
- Read blueprints or other specifications
- Removes high spots using grinders
- Tack weld pieces together
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.