Senior Inspection Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Inspection Engineer|
|Location||Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is hiring a Senior Inspection Engineer for supporting the clients.
This role has flexibility in a location within the UK.
- Mechanical Engineering (essential)
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline (desired)
- Alternatively, IEng as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent) through a suitable Engineering Institute (refer to RG2/ RG0 Category 2 decision workflow).
- Minimum HNC or NVQ Level 4 (e.g., City and Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject.
- Note: HNC in Fabrication and welding or other similar subjects could be considered provided the individual has other qualifications e.g. ASME or API certification.
- UKAS RG2 Category 2 compatible.
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspectors and API 570 Piping Inspections.
- API 653 or EMMUA 159 Level 1 Tank Inspection certification, if the position is for a land site containing large storage tanks.
- ASME or CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 2 certification.
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent.
- Confined Space Entry training.
- NDT certification for core techniques.
- Offshore medical, BOSIET, and MIST certification.
- A combination of education and work experience
- Assist in the development of an appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time, and Resource) process.
- Assists with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process.
- Endorses inspection reports.
- Ensures all work is compliant with relevant client engineering and safety standards including review of any feedback from a client.
- Ensures effective data management within inspection database (e.g. ACET) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP).
- Implements Integrity Management inspection requirements.
- Manages implementation and maintenance of the anomaly management process.
- Manages to interface with Inspection Contractor (3rd party).
- Manages to interface with other support disciplines e.g. Structures, Pipelines, Pressure Systems, External Corrosion, etc.
- Manages the asset inspection plans.
- Produces Inspection and Test plans.
- Provide technical leadership to designated inspection discipline engineers within the team, allocating work to them within their technical capabilities and checking their output
- Provides expertise and knowledge in the application of integrity management processes for hydrocarbon-containing pressure systems.
- Provides input into RBAs, meetings, and planning.
- Provides Inspection/IM support to plant shutdowns/Outages/TARs.
- Provides support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc. If applicable carry out periodic site audits e.g. Management visits.
- Provides Technical input to Written Schemes of Examination.
- Selects suitable inspection techniques.
- Supervises and Approves Work pack compilation.
- Supports Client Reporting including performance management.
- Supports Technical Training, Competency development, and Nationalization.
- Supports the Line Manager in the management of Woodwork scope as defined in the contract with the client providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- Integrates with other technical disciplines to ensure a cohesive approach is taken in the assessment of remnant life and in the evaluation of risk.
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem-solving.
- ACET or equivalent.
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures.
- Good communicator both written, verbal, and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others.
- Have a working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, and codes associated with the fabrication and construction of plants and equipment.
- Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of standards, risk assessments, and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment.
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Previous experience in coaching, mentoring and carrying out competency assessments.
- Provide leadership, coordination, or guidance to others.
- Significant specific experience related to the job description.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-row-external.icims.com.