Website Stanley Black & Decker
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Injection Molding) Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding|
|Location||Nashville, TN, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is hiring a Senior Injection Molding Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the qualification of plastic injection molding tooling/processes for new products, improvement/enhancements of existing tooling and products, as well as coordinating with the appropriate teams to ensure the quality level of plastic molded products.
The position will support the optimization of the process to facilitate ease of molding, lower part costs, and opportunities for automation and enhanced assembly cell design.
Contractor oversight including the qualification of products will be supported by this individual.
The role will support North America molding operations both internal molding locations and subcontracted manufacturing for the Hand Tools and Storage business unit.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical field from a college or university.
- A Plastics Engineering degree is preferred.
- The candidates should have 7 to 10 years of experience in an engineering position related to plastics processing and injection molding.
- Automation technology experience preferred
- Experience with secondary operations (hot stamping, heat transfer, pad printing, in-mold labeling, insert molding, heat-staking, or ultrasonic welding) for plastic parts preferred
- Injection molding part/mold design experience desirable
- PPAP experience preferred
- Assist and facilitate assembly cell optimization
- Assist sites as needed with troubleshooting of process, and tooling issues
- Develop and share best practices and standard operating procedures across sites
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with both internal Stanley Black and Decker molding sites and external subcontractors
- Establish and maintain a database of molds including CAD files/drawings for molds, mold flow records, process settings for each mold, shot history, and other key data.
- Facilitate molding sub-contractor qualification and ongoing tooling start-ups and validations
- Identify and implement cost savings projects to improve overall component costs
- Identify areas of improvement in cavitation, material usage, logistics, and operational effectiveness
- Leverage Lean Manufacturing tools to drive continuous improvement and support the Stanley Production System improvement activities (e.g. SMED)
- Model, foster and drive the Stanley values including Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Vision, Stretch, Boundaryless and Speed
- Perform capital equipment justification and assist in new equipment start-ups and validations
- Responsible for supporting transition and re-qualification of molds between internal molding operations and suppliers
- Support design of injection molding site expansions and process automation opportunities
- Support equipment maintenance/reliability optimization, and Environmental, Health, and Safety projects as assigned.
- Understand supplier capabilities and execute supplier oversight activities, which may include phone assessments, surveys, quality reviews, and supplier corrective action reconciliation.
- Work with mold manufacturers in the design of new tooling and modification of existing tooling in order to ensure process capabilities, improve part cost and quality
- Work with the Quality department to improve quality measurements, processes, and performance
- Capital project management
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing application
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and tooling drawings
- Hands-on processing experience adjusting injection molding machines processes. Ability to set up and run injection molding machines with no direction required.
- Knowledge of plastics processing, plastics assembly, work cell design, tooling design, and maintenance.
- Must be highly proficient in both written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Solid Works, Pro E, and Minitab
- Project Management experience and understanding.
- Quality Management system knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of problem-solving techniques (process map, risk assessment, cause and effect diagrams, Pareto analysis, etc.)
- Ability to travel 60% to support multiple locations
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.