Senior Marine Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Marine Welder (Sr. Marine Welder)|
|Location||Manchester, NH, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e. Health, Transport, Justice/Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is looking for a Senior Marine Welder to join its team for a high-profile and challenging project supporting the US Navy. The individual will be on a dynamic team, supporting our C5ISR system installations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 8 to 10 years of AIT experience (Master Welder Certification can substitute for four years of experience).
- Assign work to qualified personnel.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, blueprints, shop job orders and, process sheets.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting (PLASMA or TORCH) and grinding.
- Train new shop personnel on machinery, tools, and test equipment required for quality construction of products.
- Use a variety of ARC and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as foundations, cable collars, cable/pipe/vent hangers, cable tubes penetrations, studs, etc.
- Work onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation, and the like and with equipment where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises, muscle strains, serious injury, or death.
- Attention to safety-critical
- Be certified in the following processes: GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, and TIG.
- Be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% to various work sites.
- Get respirator qualified and wear proper PPE throughout their work shift.
- Have own tools of the trade and able to pass precertification company weld test.
- Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for the layout of cable runs under false decking, lift 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 40 pounds for the majority of shift while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position.
- Must complete a successful qualification in the following Serco Welding Procedures within 30 calendar days of starting date: Serco-001 (GMAW, Aluminum – 4 position), Serco-002 (SMAW, HY100-4 position), Serco-003 (GMAW, Aluminum – 4 positions), Serco-007 (SMAW, C/S to S/S – 4 position), and Serco-012 (SMAW, S/S to S/S – 4 position).
Note: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens, be able to obtain gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA & DBIDS), undergo a background investigation, and pass a drug screening.
- Auto/Homeowners insurance
- Dental coverage
- Dependent day-care flexible spending accounts
- Domestic partner benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group legal assistance
- Health care flexible spending account
- Medical and prescription drug coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pet discount programs
- Vision plan
Serco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.