Website Aker Solutions
Senior Materials Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Materials Engineer|
|Location||Winnersh, England, UK|
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products, and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs.
The company is looking for a Sr. Materials Engineer to join its team.
- The applicants should be degree qualified, Chartered Engineers.
- Concept, FEED, and EPC experience
- Experience/Familiarity with engineering and end-user technical requirement specifications/standards such as e.g. API, ASME, ASTM, EN, ISO, NACE, AWS, NORSOK, BS, etc.
- Experience in multiple office execution/workshare
- Assist in the execution of technical close-out activities and technical supplier performance evaluation
- Assist in training of graduate engineers as required
- Coordinate with a technical manager and provide materials technical/metallurgy support to discipline engineers
- Input to equipment suppliers’ bids/proposals
- Input to Technical Requisitions and Specifications for inquiry and purchase order
- Manufacturing surveillance such as welding, heat treatment, and Vendor inspections during the manufacturing of piping, mechanical equipment, and packages
- Prepare Material Selection Drawings
- Provide regular feedback on project progress to the Lead/Principal Engineer
- Support a portfolio of offshore wind projects
- Undertake cathodic protection (CP) system design.
- Undertake corrosion/erosion assessment for piping and process and utility equipment using appropriate software models/tools.
- Undertake material selection philosophies including corrosion control, corrosion protection, and coating/painting, and compile Material Selection Report
- Undertake Supplier documents and drawing reviews including review of welding and NDE procedures.
- Knowledge of materials including CS, high alloy steels, stainless steels, non-ferrous alloys, and non-metallic materials.
- Knowledge of mechanical, piping, structural items and their construction
- Knowledge of process units in the offshore industry, mechanical, piping, and structural items, their construction, manufacturing, and basic operation.
- Knowledge of the degradation mechanisms affecting the offshore industry, including internal and external corrosion.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Professional development and career opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.akersolutions.com.