Website Trinity Industries
Senior Mobile Repair Technician Job Highlights
|Senior Mobile Repair Technician
|Vidor, Texas, United States
Trinity Industries is North America’s premier provider of railcar products and services. The company provides products that are an integral part of the supply chain and help fuel the lives and economy.
The company (Trinity Rail Maintenance Services) is hiring a Senior Mobile Repair Technician to join its team.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Any type of welding/mechanical experience or railcar knowledge (preferred)
- Meet the expectations and requirements of all customers to ensure we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- If previous Commercial Motor Vehicle experience is listed, the motor vehicle record check will be for the previous 7 years.
- Subjected to annual certification of violations.
- Has the ability to pass any required NDT disciplines and function-specific certifications, which may include tank car welding, and demonstrates strong familiarity with AAR rules and regulations.
- Inspect cars and complete BRC Certified to conduct Dye Penetrant Level 2, ability to become Bubble Lead II and Airbrake test certified
- Meets level 2 requirements and has advanced railcar knowledge.
- Ability and familiarity to perform repairing valves.
- Ability to create complex orders for billing.
- Able to do final sign-offs on completed work.
- Able to perform confined space monitoring and create hot work permits.
- Actively participates in safety assessments and equipment inspections.
- Conducts railcar inspections to ensure cars comply.
- Ensure all necessary invoicing, inspection, and work order information is accurate and complete.
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Perform mechanical and coatings repairs as necessary while always using current repair procedures.
- Trains lower levels
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced skills in reading engineering drawings.
- Ability to use all types of hand tools.
- Any type of welding/mechanical experience or railcar knowledge is preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel and work in required locations.
- Must meet DOT requirements to operate CMVs less than 26k GVWR.
- A valid Driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
Minimum Operating Requirements
- A clean driving record means the employee has not been held at fault for a car accident, or arrested on charges of violating vehicle and traffic laws
- Accepted candidates will be required to operate a TrinityRail Mobile Repair Truck, with some trucks requiring DOT-regulated operators.
- Must have a clean motor vehicle record check for the previous 3 years.
- Possess a current valid driver’s license.
Addition Minimum Requirements
- Complete and Pass a Trinity-issued road test.
- Must complete and pass a DOT Physical
- Subject to annual motor vehicle driving records.
- Trinity will inquire about previous employers for commercial motor vehicle operations.
- The company offers a benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Maternity/Parental Paid Leave, Health Savings Account with a Company Contribution, Health Care & Dependent Care FSA’s, 401(k) Plan with 6% Company Match, Professional Development, Recognition Incentives, and Service Awards.
Trinity Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit trinity.referrals.selectminds.com.