Website Stanley Black & Decker
Senior Operations Manager Job Highlights
|Senior Operations Manager
|Willard, OH, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a Senior Operations Manager who will run day-to-day operations to support Metal stamping and Fabrication/welding Operations.
Lead with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication, and strategic thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a College/University
- 10 years of management experience in a heavy stamping manufacturing environment, including experience in Metal stamping, welding, and fabrication.
- Proven experience with project development and management through successful completion
- Develop and set clear goals and expectations regarding performance and accountability and provide regular constructive feedback. Planning and execution will take center stage as you set individual and team priorities and proactively structure resources to meet them.
- Develop Key KPIs for stamping, Fabrication, and welding sections. Drive continuous improvement activity to reduce changeover time, and downtime, and reduce scrap.
- Develop your direct reports to lead their teams to do the best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing, and learning.
- Engage and develop relationships with the leaders in your team and champion their unique strengths to motivate and inspire them to reach higher.
- Foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training, and accountability.
- Lead with open and transparent communication to help present the big picture, and your commitment to “walk the walk” will demonstrate your leadership skills. The expectation is that you spend time on the floor every day, observing and interacting with your team members.
- Manage all plant operations relative to Stamping, Fabrication, and Welding.
- Manage and leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, GEMBA walks and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve.
- Provide guidance to help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy, and productivity.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the facility and interact with customers.
- Ability to promote and accept the responsibility of continuous change and to promote a positive atmosphere.
- Advanced technology skills, such as MS Office and Workday
- Detail-oriented with organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to conduct meetings or presentations.
- Knowledge of ISO and Lean Manufacturing, Green Belt is desirable.
- Knowledge of Metal stamping and metal Welding operations is strongly preferred.
- Leverage your Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Able to solve complex problems or work in collaboration with problem-solving teams.
- Outstanding employee relations skills with a strong customer focus
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.