Senior Pipe Support Designer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Pipe Support Designer|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is seeking a Senior Pipe Support Designer to join its team.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or Higher in CAD, Drafting, Piping Design, etc., from a college/university or evidence of exceptional experience.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience as a pipe support designer/fabrication detailer for a major mechanical construction contractor or on an owner-operator design team for a high-tech facility (semiconductor, petrochemical, etc.).
- Experience reading and interpreting stress isometrics and fabrication drawings, P&IDs, and plan views.
- Experience flying and reviewing models in Navisworks.
- Experience reviewing structural drawing sets to ensure content accuracy/cross-check structural details for pipe supports.
- Assign ancillary materials to fabrication parts such as bolts, gaskets, washers, etc. to improve the level of detail of isometric drawings and material take-offs.
- Assign properties to parts and content in Revit models to make estimates and exports more accurate, including procurement codes and schedules of rates. Work with the Procurement and Estimating teams to ensure content and properties are up to date and that exports are easily processed by downstream customers.
- Audit bill of material/bill of quantities exports for accuracy. Troubleshoot exports when errors are found or suspected.
- Build fabrication part content for piping, instrumentation, and pipe supports in CADMEP from vendor cut-sheets and/or convert parts from Revit, .stp files, or other software platforms. In some cases, parts may need to be built from scratch.
- Ensure pipe support content exports accurately to .pcf files for pipe stress analysis in Caesar II and Bentley AutoPipe.
- Generate drawings of pipe support details in AutoCAD for the Process Piping and Structural teams. Pipe support details include shoes, guides, anchors, welded pipe supports such as trunnions and stanchions, and any ground support and/or hanger/pipe rack details.
- Generate takeoffs/bills of material for supports including steel, brackets, bolts, clips, etc. Troubleshoot exports when errors are found or suspected.
- Model pipe supports in 3D in Revit and Fabrication CADMEP for placement into piping models and inclusion in piping isometric drawings. Assign properties and attributes to pipe support families to make content more accurate for estimating and quantity takeoffs.
- Review piping isometrics for accuracy and ensure the bill of materials included in isometric drawings are correct.
- Update Master Specifications for pipe supports at the direction of the Pipe Stress and Structural Engineers, including updating span tables or including most common details in Master Specifications.
- Work with Structural Designers to incorporate pipe support details into structural drawing sets where applicable.
- Ability to read master piping and pipe support specifications.
- Deep knowledge of piping and pipe support design, piping construction methods, welding methods, etc.
- Software proficiency with Revit required; Fabrication CADMEP experience is highly desirable.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.