Website Form Energy
Senior Process Engineer (Plastic Welding) Job Highlights
|Senior Process Engineer-Plastic Welding
|Weirton, WV, United States
Form Energy is a technology and manufacturing company that develops and commercializes pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy.
The company is recruiting a Senior Process Engineer (Plastic Welding) who will be responsible for developing, deploying, and refining processes used for manufacturing battery cell components and assemblies to be deployed in Form Energy’s commercial product. This work will start with experiments and equipment substation prototypes used to define equipment architectures and processes.
Be responsible for the development and maturation of manufacturing equipment and delivering high-budget, high-volume equipment at new production facilities.
Initially, this role will focus on the development of bulk material processing and handling systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field (College/University)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or pilot line environment
- Battery and fabrication experience (a plus)
- Experience designing safe processes involving hazardous locations containing combustible dust or gasses
- Experience in the operation of bulk material handling and processing equipment including, hoppers, feeding systems, conveyors, grinding, sieving, blending, metering, and quality measurements
- Experience using statistical methods for making process development decisions
- Partner with the mechanical engineering team and contractors to help establish the first full-scale assembly process with a focus on safety and process capability
- Establish processes that are safely capable of producing full-scale battery electrodes and assemblies
- Explore the Process-Structure-Property relationships of the various unit operations that are needed to make full-scale batteries
- Document and improve the process steps for joining various plastic components in high-volume manufacturing. These processes may include spin, hot weld plate, infrared, ultrasonic welding, heat staking or other processes that may be appropriate.
- Train technicians, process engineers, and scientists on new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Work with a diversity of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
- Demonstrated track record of innovative development and engineering
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator, across a range of engineering and business functions
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options granted to all employees
- Company sponsored 401k
- Access to an annual budget for professional development
- Employee Resource Program
- 100% employer-sponsored coverage life insurance, short and long-term disability policies
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for employees
- Health insurance coverage begins first day of employment
- Generous vacation policies
- Access to a Health Savings Account
- Access to mental health counseling services
- 80% of the total medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for dependents
- At least 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and up to 20 weeks for birthing parents
- Access to a Health Flexible Spending Account
- Access to a Dependent Care Account
- Access to a Commuter Benefits Account
- Access to an Adoption Assistance Flexible Spending Account
Form Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.