Website Johnson & Johnson
Senior Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Process Engineer|
|Location||Somerville, NJ, United States|
|Company||Johnson & Johnson|
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson) is seeking a Process Engineer who will conduct and support R&D efforts in the field of Hemostats, Sealants, and Adhesion Prevention.
He or she will work with other scientists and engineers to design, develop, manufacture and test medical devices in a regulated medical device product development environment.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline from a college/university.
- Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Advanced Degree (program) is preferred
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of successfully designing and developing manufacturing processes.
- Be a creative, hands-on engineer who will participate in the process development and commercialization of medical devices
- Be involved in exploratory R&D, new product development, product line extensions, and existing product improvements
- Leverage prior experience with external technology partners to identify novel solutions to enhance R&D processing capabilities
- Manufacture prototype devices for design and development activities such as VOCs, concept testing and optimization, preclinical studies, test method development, and benchtop testing
- Perform Design for Manufacturing and Assembly analyses to validate process decisions
- Perform detailed process design activities to ensure appropriate, scalable technologies are evaluated and proven for commercial manufacturing
- Support Design Control activities, such as strategies, technical and design reviews, documentation, and Design History Files
- Work effectively face-to-face and remotely on cross-functional project teams
- The ability to incorporate manufacturability into the new product development is preferred
- Design and Manufacture of medical products are preferred
- Experience evaluating process data using Minitab/Excel is preferred
- Experience in the Design of Experiments (DOE) to execute process studies is preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks) is preferred
- Working knowledge of component and assembly manufacturing methods (e.g. molding, machining, sheet metal stamping and forming, laser cutting and welding, extrusion, drawing, bonding, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience in the application of rapid prototyping techniques (3-D Printing, machining, assembly, etc.) is required
- Good interpersonal relationships and people skills are required
- Hands-on knowledge of data acquisition, process control, process qualification (SPC, PLC, HMI, IQ/OQ/PQ, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of facilities architecture and utility systems
- Proven problem-solving skills are required
- Working knowledge of basic statistics is required
- This position may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.