Website Johnson Controls
Senior Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Quality Engineer|
|Location||Lebanon, IN, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer who will be responsible for the compliance and improvement of the facility quality system as it relates to compliance to ISO 9001:2000 as well as the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System.
This position requires a continuous level of production floor visibility and is responsible for projects relating to quality systems and product quality, defect analysis, corrective action systems, lean manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement of manufacturing aspects of safety, quality, and cost initiatives.
- The applicants require a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 1 to 3 years of progressive, hands-on manufacturing engineering experience.
- In the absence of a 4 degree in engineering, a minimum of 6 years of experience is required.
- The candidates should have a required combination of education and work experience in the related field.
- Additional engineering assignments as required by the Plant, Manufacturing Engineering, or Corporate QA.
- Conduct initial product qualification/validation runs for new products or processes.
- Conducts metallographic analysis of grids, straps, posts, and welds where required.
- Conducts training of lab procedures for all new hires and of existing lab personnel whenever methodology changes are enacted. Provides standardization procedure methodology.
- Data Analysis using various statistical tools (regression analysis, ANOVA, DOE, frequency distribution analysis, etc.) of process data looking for linkage to scrap, line efficiencies, uptime, maintenance schedules, SKU’s. Equate process data to productivity/cost and use it to drive improvement.
- Design and run experiments to evaluate product outputs versus changes made to upstream processes.
- Design, develop and improve lab/plant test procedures.
- Design/acquire tools (hardware, software, programming, gage fixtures) for process control.
- Establish specification limits for new products and processes that are statistically derived to ensure all product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Facilitate and lead process improvement teams. Ensure problem-solving methodology is followed, each quality tool (Pareto, fishbone, various charts, and graphs), track and maintain the progress of each team.
- Interface with plant manufacturing engineering to provide testing and data analysis to ensure product and process performance.
- Internal Plant Audits. Conduct internal plant audits for quality systems (ISO 9000 where applicable, product quality, lab procedure methodology, quality work instructions, record retention, and present findings in summary format to plant and QA management. Issue Corrective Action Requests and do follow up to ensure that systems are put in place to eliminate reoccurrence of the deficiency.
- Log, follow up, and audit all SCO’s/DCO’s which affect, either directly or indirectly, any product or process quality attribute.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly database and reporting system for vital plant quality operating parameters. Issue reports (electronic or hard copy) from a real-time system, which provides the plant process data/information that allows a basis for daily/weekly/monthly business decisions.
- Maintain gage calibration system. Complete R&R studies for gages, schedule outside calibration services where required and maintain all gages on their required calibration cycle.
- Make customer visits as required (routine or troubleshooting).
- New/existing equipment process capability studies. The need for initial production sampling capabilities as well as samplings over longer periods of time to determine overall process capability improvements in maintenance scheduling or problems with particular SKUs.
- Process Control Evaluations. Determine special cause variations versus random variation in order to determine areas for reduction in overall process variation. Assist in bringing processes into statistical control before doing capability analysis.
- Process Specifications Maintenance. Review, update and ensure that the most recent specifications are in place and that process control and capability to any specification changes in maintained.
- Supervise and audit work for accuracy of results from the electrical lab, chemical lab, and warranty teardown analysis.
- Supplier Nonconformance System. Issue supplier NCR’s, audit supplier facilities where required, do follow-up to ensure corrective actions have been installed at supplier locations to eliminate reoccurrence of a defective product, and do random BQAL sampling of incoming supplied materials where required.
- Update Process FMEA’s for equipment modifications or new installations. Implement corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ASQ certification
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, interpersonal, team building, and verbal and written communication skills with proven leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Previous experience with new products and process introductions along with a working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices and procedures is also required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint); Internet software and E-mail is required.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing procedures, production methods (including machining and welding), shop standards, SPC, and modern quality assurance applications.
- This position also requires knowledge of formal problem-solving methods along with experience with financial controls and product costing.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.