Senior Quality Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Quality Technician|
|Location||Greenwood, SC, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is hiring a Senior Quality Technician who will be responsible for tracking key process inputs, routine inspections, and daily quality analyses.
Also, be the main liaison between production and product engineering.
The incumbent will have access to drawings, specifications, and operating procedures to make judgment decisions within the production shift to reduce manufacturing downtime due to process or product engineering issues.
The incumbent will be involved in root cause analysis activities to support corrective action in manufacturing, support the quality function in driving quality into daily manufacturing processes, and will support Kaizen action items and process changes.
Also, be responsible for leading, maintaining, and improving the existing ISO-9001:2015 system.
Maintaining current document control systems and leading efforts on the layered process audit system.
- Applicants require an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience working in quality functions leading ISO efforts and serving as a lead auditor
- Analyze, define, and communicate with suppliers any production or incoming inspection discrepancies related to the applicable components. Manage internal program, tracking implementation and closure of applicable issues.
- Be a First responder/Quality representative on production floor-related issues. Analyze issues with available data and decide the course of action to assure continued production.
- Lead ISO efforts as the lead internal auditor per ISO guidelines. Manage all interactions with 3rd party certification bodies and Fresh Eyes audit initiatives.
- Lead, maintain, and improve existing documentation systems.
- Manage systems to support Layered Process audits.
- Participate and lead in any related inspection activities as needed for production. Collect data to support acceptance of documented procedures or specifications.
- Support and analyze customer returns and customer complaint/warranty activities.
- Support ongoing continuous improvement activities, special projects, and cost-saving activities, as the quality representative.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, IT, or technical field (required)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Technician (CQT).
- Experience working with SAP, special analysis, and investigation software.
- Lean or six-sigma experience.
- Proficient in using computer programs to support and achieve data analysis.
- Welding experience/knowledge
- Work experience within electronics, automotive, power distribution, or related industries.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly set priorities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and production drawings/specification
- Attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Layered process audit activities
- Knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of product design, manufacture, and application
- PC application experience including MS Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position
- Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood will be considered
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.