Senior Set-Up Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Set-Up Operator|
|Location||Harrisonburg, VA, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Senior Set-up Operator who will set up mechanical and hydraulic production machines and equipment including, but not limited to, metal fabricating machines, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, lock seamers, hydro welders, spot welders, presses, headers, cartonizers, head/bushing machines, tube benders, cut-offs, flex mills, expander/sizers, etc. to meet production schedules.
Performs multiple setups to ensure an efficient operation for several machine operators working simultaneously.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to hand weld (where applicable to department function).
- Must be able to read blueprints and use and interpret measuring gages as needed to ensure products meet specifications.
- Must be able to set up and operate all pieces of equipment on the line or in the department.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of troubleshooting and preventive maintenance issues for assigned equipment.
- Assists in training and setting up Operators.
- Assists Mechanical Engineers and Maintenance Technicians to modify sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic systems and drive mechanisms.
- Completes annual updates of OSHA-required training as assigned by supervisor.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to the problem area.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping in the department.
- Operate equipment to manufacture parts whenever all required setups have been completed.
- Performs minor machine repairs including preventative maintenance.
- Performs quality control checks including first and last piece inspection to ensure all products are made according to blueprint specifications.
- Reports all safety malfunctions as well as near hits, and injuries to the supervisor immediately.
- Reports any safety malfunctions, near hits, or injuries to the supervisor immediately.
- Sets Up all equipment in the department as assigned.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Uses blueprints and route cards to set up assigned equipment.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Completes other duties as assigned such as hand welding, material handling, etc.
- Forklift certification
- Walker hand welding certification (where applicable to departmental function)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to operate computers/automated data entry systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form including product blueprints.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally is required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Personal protective equipment is required including but not limited to, hearing protection, eye protection, protective sleeves, and foot protection (steel toe shoes).
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.