Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Location||Milwaukee, WI, United States|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is searching for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to work with Komatsu Mining.
Savings are mainly associated with reductions in Supplier Lead Times, Supplier Process Improvements, Scrap and Rework Reductions as well as Fewer Customer/Field Complaints. Goals are to impact the area assigned with a 10% reduction in the cost of poor quality.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality Engineering, Material Science, Operations or another associated field from a university or college (highly preferred)
- Applicants with a lesser education along with significant related experience can also be considered.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of process quality/quality engineering experience (required)
- Complete 8D investigations for all non-conformance issues over 10K. Work cross-functionally to institute containment actions, short term and long-term resolutions that prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and oversee initiatives to reduce the cost of poor quality defined as the summation of scrap, rework, and warranty as a percentage of total sales.
- Develop, create, revise and maintain appropriate quality documentation including work instructions and inspection plans to support manufacturing and assembly of conforming material; create documents to serve as objective evidence of completed work.
- Ensure gauge calibration compliance, measurement system analysis studies, and gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
- Execute internal process, work station, and safety audits; work with inspectors to increase the strength of the quality system on the floor.
- Execute non-conformance and root cause analysis as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Increase quality by building process control and standardization into product planning, development, and manufacturing.
- Initiate, recommend and manage process improvement changes with various departments.
- Manage and monitor the quality system in assigned areas; oversee quality functions and create supporting quality documentation.
- Monitor the cost of poor quality on a monthly basis. Complete a comparison analysis to plan and report on variances.
- Participate in FMEA component quality planning sessions, first article criteria, and fit checks.
- Participate in meetings including; daily management meetings, material review board meetings, and change control board meetings.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of quality initiatives in accordance with current operating procedures.
- Partner with manufacturing operations and technical services to decrease lead times and cost while simultaneously increasing quality, customer satisfaction, and brand credibility.
- Partner with performance leader and human resources to support learning and development activities pertaining to an individual, departmental the location needs.
- Serve as the liaison between quality and operations management; advise and act as subject matter expert to manufacturing leaders and support staff.
- Ability to direct personal and professional growth through continued education and certifications.
- Ability to review and understand drawings/blueprints and have familiarity with measuring systems.
- ASQ Quality Certification is preferred.
- Experience with statistics and statistical analysis.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience with fabrication, welding, heat treat, and machining is preferred.
- SAP experience is preferred.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.