Website Bechtel Corporation
Senior Tank Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Tank Design Engineer|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is searching for a Senior Tank Design Engineer to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering from an AET accredited university/college
- Possess at least 10+ years of tank design experience in all types of storage tank structures including ambient, flat bottomed storage tanks, spheres, and single, double and full containment low-temperature storage tanks
- Experience in the use of FEA computer software is an advantage
- Experience in storage tank design in high seismic areas
- Have experience in Quality assurance requirements relating to the fabrication and construction of storage tanks
- Consider safety, constructability, and cost savings through innovative design
- Design of Flat-Bottomed Storage Tanks and Spheres
- Design of large aboveground storage tanks of single, double, and full containment design for the storage of liquified gases at low temperature and cryogenic temperatures
- Develop and train Junior engineers in the fundamentals of tank design
- Participate in Constructability Workshops
- Participate in the development of standard design guides and in-house computer programs. Will include validation checks and accompanying documentation.
- Perform tank design calculations to API 650, AWWA, API 620, API 625, and EN14620 using in-house software
- Perform technical bid evaluations for supplier and subcontractor selection
- Preparation of technical proposal documents, review of client specifications
- Prepare data sheets, material requisitions, procedures, and specifications
- Provide technical home office support to the field construction team, including startup and commissioning procedures
- Review vendor documents package. Manage the flow of information between engineering, field, vendor, and subcontractors
- Selection of materials
- Work within a Project Detailing team or for the Tank Design group
- Commitment to safety, ethics, and integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- US PE License preferred
- Knowledge of ACI376 and EN14620 is an advantage
- Knowledge of plate manufacturing processes and practices
- Knowledge of tank design codes API 650, API 620, API 625, and AWWA
- Knowledge of US regulatory codes and standards including ASCE 7, 49 CFR 193, NFPA 59A
- Knowledge of Welding processes and practices used in the construction of storage tanks
- Must be familiar with materials selection, ASTM materials specifications, and materials testing requirements
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.