Website Blue Origin
Senior Technical Designer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Technical Designer|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking a Senior Technical Designer who will apply the technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
- The applicants should have passed a Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or Systems Engineering from a college/university or the like field
- The candidates should have 10+ years of experience in a technical design role
- Application of relevant company, industry (design, drafting, parts) techniques to plan, lay out, and maintain data depicting engineering designs (detail, assembly, and installation drawings or datasets)
- Create and maintain advanced 3D models, drawings, and product structures.
- Direct efforts for external contract design support teams assisting Blue Origin.
- Generate Change Notices within Windchill for release and revision processing
- High-level technical design support using advanced CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools.
- Identify opportunities and recommendations for implementing workflow efficiencies.
- Initiate and maintain contact with stakeholders for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
- Mentor and grow Junior Tech. Design and Engineers in drafting best practices
- Peer review/check drawings and models
- Utilize Creo and Windchill to create and sustain engineering Product Definition Data (PDD) sets required for the New Glenn launch facility development.
- 10+ years of relevant aerospace industry experience
- Aerospace flight vehicle design and drafting experience
- Experience with designing and drawing creation for machined components large assemblies and weldments
- Experience with PTC CAD and PLM software Creo and Windchill.
- Knowledge of standard machining practices and how to design for cost
- Solid understanding of common manufacturing materials, GD&T, and tolerance/stack-up analysis
- Solid understanding of common manufacturing processes and machines including mills, lathes, welding, sheet metal bending, lifting/rigging, assembly, inspection, etc.
- Strong expertise in design for manufacturability and design for assembly including experience taking products from development design to production and operation
- Experience managing large CAD assemblies and associated drawings
- Experience with ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across teams
- Strong coordination and leadership skills
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using PTC Creo/Windchill
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.