Website BAE Systems
Senior Tool Design Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Tool Design Specialist|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The company is looking for a Senior Tool Design Specialist who will enhance manufacturing processes through the development of tooling and rise to the challenge of delivering products that help protect the lives of those who serve.
- High School Diploma with a minimum experience of 8 years in a design engineering role
- Associate’s Degree with a minimum experience of 5 years in a design engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum experience of 3 years in a design engineering role
- Possess a combination of education and experience
- Conceptualize and design a variety of tooling and fixtures for use in a production environment, including weld templates, drill jigs, assembly fixtures, holding fixtures, lifting devices, and checking fixtures.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) testing on lifting device and work stand designs and will assist with fixture load testing.
- Produce 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawing packages from specified instructions using standard design procedures for the development of new components, assemblies, systems, or subsystems.
- Provide support to tool room machinists and welders throughout fixture fabrication processes.
- Review tool drawings for accuracy and producibility.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, product design, and quality engineers to identify and mitigate production risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering-related discipline
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures
- Fabrication experience (machining and welding)
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- A general understanding and application of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T).
- Ability to design safe structural/mechanical assemblies and quickly develop solutions to mitigate complex production challenges.
- Ability, confidence, and self-motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and proficient in modeling and drafting using Autodesk Inventor (preferred), Pro Engineer/Creo, SolidWorks, or Siemens NX.
- Demonstrate effective time management and ability to work within budgetary expectations.
- Efficient with Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Must have a strong knowledge base in various engineering and manufacturing disciplines-specifically related to tooling, welding, and machining.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Disability Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.