Website Blue Origin
Senior Weld Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Weld Engineer|
|Location||Merritt Island, FL, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and find new energy and material resources.
Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available. Join our team to build a road to space – step by step ferociously.
The company is looking for someone who can apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED, or be a Graduate.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in friction stir welding of cryogenic tanks.
- Be responsible for working closely with engineering design and company leadership to support all manufacturing efforts and equipment for various spaceflight systems.
- Day-to-day responsibilities for production welding of full-scale, cryogenic tanks.
- Evaluate welding defects and recommend repair procedures.
- Evaluation of materials characterization data or NDT results.
- Help to develop FSW weld schedules to meet the quality requirements of the launch vehicle program.
- Participate in the specification reviews for new systems.
- Prepare and review design engineering documents, process plans, and specifications.
- Travel as needed for reviews, training, and other support activities. Perform metallographic and mechanical testing of welds and weld samples.
- Troubleshoot and operate equipment, as required.
- Work hand in hand with quality assurance/engineering for disposition of non-conformances for tank structure defects.
- Write a statement of works for applicable process tools, etc.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to support Monday – Friday standard workweek, First or Second Shift, and Weekends as required to support production schedules.
- Experience in materials testing of welding samples.
- Experience in tool design and Statements of Work (SOW) as it pertains to the welding process.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Must have experience in the Self-Reacting and Conventional FSW processes, preferably in the area of full scale, cryogenic tank production.
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Thorough understanding of friction stir welding processes and material selection. Preferably in the AL2219/AL2195/AL2050 realm.
- Experience with CREO or other CAD/CAM software
- Experience with integration/configuration of weld tool equipment to existing Robotic Weld Systems
- General proficiency with CAD
- General proficiency with GDT
- Hands-on machining/welding experience
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.