Senior Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Lake County, IL, United States|
AbbVie is a research-based biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in research and development, manufacturing, commercialization, and sale of medicines and therapies.
The company is looking for a Senior Welder who will perform welding operations associated with the installation and repair of all types of equipment and buildings.
Able to read and layout own work off blueprints and drawings. Has the responsibility of choosing the welding method.
Must be able to certify in certain types of welding to be able to perform job functions.
- The prospective applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates must have at least 5 years of industrial or commercial experience in a related field, an apprenticeship in welding/pipefitting, or military training in a related field.
- Cuts metals to prescribed dimensions
- May become certified through the State of Illinois to weld on tanks under ASME section IX.
- Must be able to properly set up and operate Electric Shielded Metal Arc Welder (SMAC).
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and be able to complete projects in a timely manner, be organized, and perform multiple task assignments.
- Must be able to set up and use Gas Cutting Equipment
- Must be able to set up and operate Electric Inert Gas Welder (MIG) and Electric Gas Tungsten Inert Gas Welder (TIG)
- Must be able to solder
- Must be able to use hand and power tools and must be able to read gauges.
- Must be trainable on passivation procedures and pickle paste procedures.
- Must have good operating knowledge of valves and how they operate.
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Must have pipefitting abilities and be able to efficiently install all different types of piping
- Needs to pass all Welding qualification tests and keep the qualifications current
- Perform electric high-frequency welding on aluminum products.
- Purge weld pipes to remove impurities to avoid contaminants from solutions, irrigations, etc. Use inert gas (Argon, Carbon Dioxide) to purge pipes.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understand engineering standards and know where they are located. Must have a full range of mathematic skills, including shop math fractions and angles for layouts.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Computer knowledge to work with a computer management system
AbbVie is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit careers.abbvie.com.