Website Matthews International
Senior Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Sherwood, OR, United States|
|Company||Matthews International Corporation|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is looking for a Senior Welder who will operate various welding equipment to fabricate, build or modify a product, equipment, accessory equipment, and components.
This role also trains and coordinates other employees within the welding/fabricating area acting as mentor and lead.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or Equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or welding certification.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of previous welding experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Conducts operator-level preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Cross trains on all work stations within the department.
- Inspects products at various stages in the production process for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, weld, alignment.
- Interacts with team employees regarding instruction, priorities, problems, and potential issues.
- Maximizes production efficiency by identifying waste and improvements in the process.
- Monitors Quality Points work station and records required data.
- Operates assigned equipment safely in accordance with company and OSHA safety programs and rules.
- Performs numerous steps when welding various materials together.
- Performs work in accordance with approved procedures and work instructions.
- Reports quality and production concerns and issues to supervisor.
- Responsible for more complex and custom fabricating/welding projects.
- Trains and/or coordinates training of team members on specific tasks needed for the job. Identifies need for and develops training programs.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills.
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning).
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.