Website Hitachi Energy
Senior Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Welding Engineer|
|Location||Jefferson City, MO, United States|
Hitachi Energy is a global leader in technology and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. The company is pioneering the digitalization of transformers while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC and DC applications.
The company is recruiting a Senior Welding Engineer who will be responsible for the development of welding practices and utilization of welding equipment to resolve problems encountered during welding operations.
It requires knowledge of weld specifications and characteristics of metals and the ability to create/modify robotic welding programs.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college or university.
- Possess 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Robotic weld programming experience and experience with Hitachi Energy/ABB robotics preferred
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate
- Develop and validate weld process sheets and welding parameters for each production welding station
- Develop welding techniques and procedures for robotic welding operations
- Ensure accurate documentation of all manual and robotic weld parameters and weld audit reports
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information
- Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight-forward engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review
- Prepare specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats, and general instructions. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents, and reports
- Provide technical support for the robotic program on welding processes
- Provides input and recommendations on welding equipment purchases and updates
- Knowledge of weld specifications and characteristics of metals and the ability to create/modify robotic welding program
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit www.hitachienergy.com.