Senior Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Welding Technician|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Schlumberger is a technology company that partners with customers to access energy. The company provides leading digital solutions and deploys innovative technologies to enable performance and sustainability for the global energy industry. The company collaborates to create technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
The company is searching for a Sr. Welding Technician to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Diploma or Similar of Welding Technician or Operator
- Current or recent Welder/Operator with certificate(s) in applicable Process(s) or Position(s)
- Possess at least 3 years of experience in welding technician type of duties
- Assist in developing and qualifying innovative material joining technologies to ensure the safest and optimal joining processes and techniques enabling the highest productivity and quality within the company
- Conduct complex troubleshooting to correctly diagnose product, process, design, or program defects and repair them.
- Coordinate and communicate work efforts within engineering, related company organizations, and vendors.
- Develop and conduct: tests, measurements, and procedures; generate designs or programs that are complex in nature.
- Exercise judgment to recognize and handle non-standard occurrences and problems on a frequent basis
- Incorporate safe work procedures in all aspects of the job while maintaining a safe work environment.
- May direct or assign the work of other technicians.
- May participate in recruiting.
- Support qualification and commercialization of products/research, which is identified.
- Perform all technical duties in one of the functional areas: Electronic, Mechanical, CAD, or Software to develop client/product/research solutions.
Expertise in operating two or more of the following manual, mechanized, or automated welding processes–
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Friction Welding
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Laser Welding
- Resistance Welding
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Ability to produce sound joints per acceptance criteria in all applicable positions (e.g. Flat, Horizontal, Vertical, and Overhead)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, joint/weld symbols, and applicable test plans/procedures
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint tools to prepare visual boards, weld logs, or reports
- Ability to work with and communicate with a cross-functional team that may include internal or external customers
- Actively identify, communicate and participate in opportunities for continuous improvement
- Basic understanding of codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas (e.g. API 6A, NACE MR0175, ASME IX)
- Basic understanding of welding/metallurgical concepts applicable to low alloy steels, nickel alloys, and stainless steel
- Familiarity with overlay welding or pipe welding or small-bore tube welding and its best practices
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All the qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit xjobs.brassring.com.