Service Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is searching for a Service Mechanic who will travel to customers’ sites to perform service/warranty repair work.
Work may also be performed onsite at our facility.
- High School Diploma or GED (a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience as a Truck or Heavy equipment mechanic
- Welding/Fabrication experience (a plus)
- Refuse experience (preferred)
- Uses hand and power tools on a service truck to identify issues needing resolution. It may include electrical, hydraulic, welding, and fabricating work to be performed
- Confirms or updates supervisor on repair/service needed
- Interact with the customers to verify work being done meets their specifications.
- Performs general maintenance on client’s equipment using specified processes to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Travel by vehicle to customers either by driving or as a passenger.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Ability to ride in a vehicle for long periods of time
- Able to troubleshoot electrical and hydraulic components
- General mechanical abilities with Diesel Trucks or Heavy Construction Equipment
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Proficiency in welding and fabricating
- Amount of physical exertion expended in handling materials, tools, operating machines, or equipment.
- Identify tools, equipment, machinery, and materials handled.
- Indicate % of work time involved.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.