Service Shop Lead Job Highlights
|Service Shop Lead
|Harrisburg, PA, United States
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the United States. The company serves a diverse customer base across multiple industries, including freight and shipping, leasing services, agriculture, food and beverage, construction, and waste management.
The company is looking for a Service Shop Lead who will coordinate the activities of production technicians as well as complete repairs.
Repair vehicles as well as oversee daily operations of the Service Center.
Provide support to the Branch and Service Center in ensuring that all customer orders have been completed and recorded.
Train new employees on company procedures regarding service center functions.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalence
- Minimum 4 years of general service shop experience (including a demonstrated ability to lead others)
- Adjust, remove, and replace clutches and drivelines.
- Communicate customer complaints to the Service Manager/Branch Manager for immediate intervention.
- Contact customers upon experiencing a delay and provide a new estimated time of completion.
- Ensure that all completed invoices are closed on a daily basis. Provide the Service Manager/Branch Manager with a hard copy of all invoices.
- Ensure that all jobs are recorded on the service log. Ensure that the log is kept up to date. Calculate labor costs regarding all invoices. The number of labor hours must be calculated and recorded on the work order prior to assigning the order to a production worker.
- Examine vehicles to determine the extent of damage or malfunction(s).
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace according to standards of operations.
- Overhaul, troubleshoot, and repair diesel and gasoline engines.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and filter replacements.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle kingpin, and bushing repairs.
- Plan work schedules according to service demand, assign duties, and maintain adequate staffing levels
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric, and brake accessories).
- Respond promptly to employee personnel concerns and communicate with the Service Manager/Branch Manager.
- Review daily sales and manage GL expenses for the service department.
- Review the work in progress and at completion to ensure that performance and service have met quality standards.
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Train new service center employees on company procedures regarding vehicle repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, and PTOs.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, and auxiliary axles.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Active Learning skills
- Communicating skills
- Well Coordination
- Critical Thinking skills
- Deductive Reasoning ability
- Judgment/Decision-making skills
- Mathematics Ability
- Monitoring skills
- Oral Comprehension skills
- Oral Expression skills
- Time Management skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Exposure to inside/outside conditions, extreme temperatures (average of 100 degrees f), humid conditions, chemical hazards, vibration, equipment noise, and work in enclosed and confined spaces.
- Competitive pay with regular reviews
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D insurance plans
- Multiple 401(k) plan options
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Telehealth option
- Wellness and work-life programs
FleetPride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fleetpride.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.