Service Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Fort Meade, FL, United States|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is hiring a Service Technician to join its team.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have an equivalent of 1 to 3 years of applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation.
- Over 1 year up to and including 3 years in similar job experience, is a plus.
- Ability to set cribbing, hydraulic jacks, and safety jack stands to lift electric shovels.
- Assist Machinist with bore welding and bar set-up and cutting.
- Be able to pass Komatsu Weld Certs for 1G and 2G with .045 or greater wire within 90 days
- Clean tools, clean equipment, paint, and grease equipment as needed.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention in laying out or otherwise performing complex work to very close limits of high accuracy and quality; or in coordinating a high degree of manual dexterity with close visual attention for sustained periods.
- Flexibility with travel based on needs and overall company objectives.
- Interpret blueprints; operate electrical power tools and pneumatic power tools as well as follow a scope of work.
- Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving lightweight to moderate weight materials, and working in difficult work positions.
- Must possess competent/intermediate skills with numerous welding applications and mechanical troubleshooting with diagnostic equipment.
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call service schedule.
- Prevent loss that may result from negligent inspection or testing; from spoilage or wastage of raw or in-process materials.
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Working in a diverse team environment.
- Any other duties as appropriate and required.
- Ability to interpret and understand complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables
- Ability to use various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Application of trades mathematics
- Commitment to work safely and maintain the equipment in safe operating conditions.
- Eligible to hold a CDL. (Current CDL preferred)
- Flexible work schedule.
- Mechanical knowledge of a broad range of mining equipment.
- MSHA certification preferred.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.