Setter Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Redditch, England, UK|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. The company provides sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is seeking a Setter Operator who will handle tube bending, metal forming, metal stamping, and machining components predominately for the Aerospace industry and complying with an AS9100 and NADCAP-approved manufacturing facility.
Also, include fabrication or finishing operations associated with these jobs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants should have had a basic school education
- Possess previous experience with required equipment (preferable)
- CNC programming, CMM, Mandrel Bending experience, and Kaltenbach/Cropping experience
- Ability to use, maintain, and program all equipment required for processes listed in section 1. This role will also require the use of measurement equipment including but not limited to shadowgraph, borescopes, Vernier, micrometre, hardness test, and various digital 2D and 3D measurement equipment.
- Able to inspect own work including but not limited to fit to fixture/ tooling/ gauges, adherence to visual inspection data card as required by the product, and the general requirements of successive inspection.
- Active participation in Safety and Continuous Improvement activities including but not limited to: guard check sheets, risk assessments, problem-solving to reduce scrap and rework, productivity and standard work events, improving workplace organization and 5S, and on-the-job training of team members.
- Pre and post-operations as required including but not limited to: cutting, guillotine, sizing, facing, polishing, linishing, heat treatment, hand press, cleaning, and packing.
- Setting and Operating equipment such as but not limited to CNC Bending, manual bender, Turret Press, Press Brake, CNC Vertical Miller, strap and segment forming equipment, power, and pneumatic press for the manufacture of components. Materials include but are not limited to Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, Aluminium tubes, sheet, coil, and extrusion.
- Strict following of Data Cards, process specifications, Engineering Drawings, Standard Work Instructions, Preventative Maintenance, 5S standards and audits, and any other systems or procedures to maintain high Aerospace standards of product integrity and lean manufacturing execution.
- A plus (+) grade candidate would be expected to take on additional responsibilities such as-
-Requires at least a 3 on all appraisal categories and at least 1 category achieving a 4
-Be at least one of the following: Mesh Champion or official delegate, QLI Champion or official delegate, Qualified Lean –Tool Leader in either 5S, Visual Management, or Value Stream Mapping.
-Have delivered in the year at least 1 Tool Box Talk and helped review more than 2 Work Station Risk Assessments”
-Team Leader Support (i.e., workload organization, attending Daily Planning meetings, running team meetings, Holiday or sickness cover)
- General computer skills for access to drawings and procedures (preferred)
- Good understanding of math and English
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.