Website Thermal Care
Sheet Metal Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Sheet Metal Fabricator|
|Location||Niles, IL, United States|
Thermal Care, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading manufacturer of process cooling equipment and systems for applications worldwide. Thermal Care provides heat transfer equipment to industries like plastics, laser, heat treating, food processing, machine tool, plating, anodizing, chemical, die casting, optical coating, and printing.
IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling, and industrial heat transfer markets.
The company is searching for a Sheet Metal Fabricator who will interpret mechanical drawings to determine the proper process or material used to fabricate a part using equipment such as a shear and brake press.
- The applicants may be required to possess basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of direct/relevant experience.
- Experience with brake press operation
- Experience with overhead cranes
- Experience with punch presses
- Experience with shear operation
- Material Handling and Forklift operation experience
- Bend sheet metal to form shapes
- Cut into shapes to be used in Pump Tank Systems
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears
- Drill and punch holes in metal
- Inspect work or assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications
- Install assemblies in a supportive framework
- Install components as needed in fabricated parts
- Interpret blueprints
- Measure the appropriate size of sheet metal
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block, and form or straighten materials
- Select the appropriate type of sheet metal, such as galvanized steel, copper, and stainless steel
- Smooth over rough edges with a file
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent math skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Operate machinery safely in accordance with Thermal Care’s safety policy
- Use of small hand and pneumatic hand tools
- The company offers profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program, and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.