Sheet Metal Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Sheet Metal Fabricator|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is searching for a Sheet Metal Fabricator who will be responsible for fabricating parts for production by means of blueprints, drawings specification sheets, and verbal instructions.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 4 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Drill Press, Turret Punch, Punch Press, Air Tools, Band Saw, various Hand Tools, Belt Sander, Break Press, Shears.
- Fabricates parts for production using blueprints, drawings, specification sheets, and verbal instructions.
- Follows all company policies including but not limited to, safety, attendance, breaks, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime when warranted,
- Operate tools and machinery.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and write in English, ability to speak effectively with other employees
- Ability to work in an efficient manner
- Able to read supplied specification sheets and apply the data to specific work types
- Able to read work instructions and apply them to specific work types
- Be safety conscious
- Possess the excellent mechanical ability
- Ability to list 50 lbs.
- Able to read and use measuring devices including but not limited to-
- The rule in increments of tenths and hundredths of an inch
- The rule in increments of fractions of an inch
- Micrometer in increments of thousandths of an inch
- Calipers in increments of thousandths of an inch
- Able to convert fractions to decimal equivalent or convert decimals to fractions
- Medium Work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stooping – Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Crouching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending the leg and spine.
- Reaching – Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Fingering – Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping – Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling – Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly the fingertips.
- Hearing – Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motions – Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Talking – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.