Sheet Metal Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Sheet Metal Technician|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Redmond, WA, United States|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is looking for an individual who will be responsible for carrying out all forming and precision manufacturing processes for sheet metal components used on SpaceX vehicles.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of sheet metal forming experience
- 2+ years of water jet programming or operation experience
- Carry out metal finishing procedures on finished components
- Ensure all finished components meet the highest quality and inspection standards
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols in the manufacturing environment
- Manufacture of sheet metal arcs, cylinders, and cones
- Program and operate 3 axis water jet
- Read, interpret and execute blueprints and other detailed engineering drawings and manufacturing protocols
- Use CNC press brake machines to form and finish sheet metal components
- Use hand tools to drill/tap/ream holes
- Use of overhead cranes, forklifts, and other resources to stage and move parts
- Use of pinch roller machines to roll large sheet metal plates
- 5+ years of programming and operating water jets
- 5+ years of sheet metal forming experience for aerospace components
- Bump form experience
- Experience in holding close tolerances on parts as stipulated by engineering drawings
- Experienced setting up and running complex bending and forming operations on precision machines such as the Amada HDS, HG, and RG series
- Skilled in the use of programming features on press brake machines, especially with regards to bending at angles, step bends, back gauge trans between steps, etc.
- Understanding of blueprints, work instructions, and geometric tolerances
- Understanding of sheet metal patterns and layouts
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted for some assignments
- Ability to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required for some assignments
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.