Sheet Metal Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Sheet Metal Welder|
|Location||Beech Grove, IN, United States|
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and provides safe transportation services.
The company is looking for a Sheet Metal Welder who will be responsible for inspection, testing, and maintenance of plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- The applicants should have completed Technical School or Apprenticeship Program (preferred)
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems
- Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment (preferred)
- Experience testing equipment and repairs to water and sanitation systems.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating and cooling equipment and related piping
- Installs, maintains and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and systems
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines, and hand tools normally associated with assigned job
- Performs inspection, testing, and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Repairs brake, water heating, and sanitation systems
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Amtrak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.amtrak.com.