Sheet Metal Worker (Plumber) – Engineering Job Highlights
|Title||Sheet Metal Worker (Plumber) – Engineering|
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
CSX is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal, and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products.
The company is seeking a Sheet Metal Worker (Plumber) – Engineering who will fit pipes in shops, yards, buildings, tracks, and along the right of ways.
Employees must be able to meet and comply with the manufacturer’s weight limitation safety rating and recommendations for any equipment associated with performing their duties, including the 300 lb. safety rating for ladders (both portable and affixed) and fall arrest equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess 1 year of plumbing experience
- 1 year of welding experience
- Experience with blueprint/schematic reading
- 4 years of sheet metal or pipe fitting experience
- Determine reasons for component or product failure by tracing the problem through standardized procedures
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations, and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Install and maintain refrigeration, air conditioning systems, and steam and gas heating in shops, rail yards, and offices, including compressors, pumps, meters, hydraulic controls, and piping
- Installation of all types of plumbing fixtures (e.g. toilets, urinals, showers, sinks, and other fixtures)
- Installation of switch heaters
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine the sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe support, hoses, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and sprinkling systems
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Operate material handling equipment, acetylene torches, and electric and gas welding equipment
- Repair and maintain other systems including, but not limited to snow melters, smoke pipe testing, compressed air, sand towers, roof, septic and sewer, fueling, washing, pumping, environmental and gas systems
- Set up and operate fabricating machines
- Shape and modify metal material to enable assembly of components
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Reasoning skills (problem-solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Verbal comprehension (understanding oral and written communications)
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity, tracking, and inspection
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis
- Medium to Heavy Work, lifting up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, climb
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
- Federal regulations require random testing for drugs or alcohol
- It may require regional travel
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a post-offer medical examination, including a drug test
- Must pass all required assessments
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Wear protective equipment such as a hard hat, hearing protection, or safety-toe boots
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Valid Driver’s License
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.