Sheetmetal Worker (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Sheetmetal Worker – 1st Shift|
|Location||Santa Ana, CA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is hiring a Sheet Metal Worker who will require the ability to make, install, and repair a wide variety of sheet-metal products.
When fabricating a product, this individual selects a suitable sheet of material and lays out the work, following blueprints, sketches, work orders, or verbal instructions. They locate and mark reference points, using shop mathematics, to calculate angles and curves.
Next, they cut the flat material and shape it into a three-dimensional form, using hand and power-driven tools and fabricating machines.
- The applicants should have a High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- The candidates should have 2+ years of applicable experience (manufacturing experience)
- Experience with CNC controls, weld light, heavy-gauge aluminum, stainless steel, brass work
- Set up and run punch press, power shear, hydraulic, and mechanical power break.
- Prepare metal parts, fixtures, and equipment for fabrication.
- Maintain sheet metal equipment
- Read drawings and sketches of work to be performed
- Operate light metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses to cut, bend, drill, shape, or straighten sheet metal.
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveter, welding, soldering, and similar equipment to fabricate products
- Grind and buff seams, joints, and rough surfaces
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications
- Print work orders, check revision levels and print dispatch lists
- Move material using a forklift or pallet jack
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to develop own stretch outs, shear cuts, and layout.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to meet specified production standards
- Ability to perform an inspection of work performed to maintain quality standards
- Ability to read and understand written material, including production, and inspection materials
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess knowledge of basic math
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.