Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Shipfitter 1/C Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is looking to hire a Shipfitter 1/C who will lay out and fabricate metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames. Brace them in position within the hull of ships for riveting or welding.
May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts according to specifications.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of ship fitting experience (desired)
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct marine vessels (required)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be able to cut and burn with a torch or plasma cutter
- Tack weld with 7018 6011 stainless rods, MIG, and aluminum
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and OSHA regulations
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments
- Align parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls.
- Comply with the company, Federal, State, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Flag cranes and pull angle iron as required.
- Install packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips.
- Lay out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools.
- Locate and mark reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines.
- Mark location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold a part in place for welding or riveting.
- Prepare molds and templates for the fabrication of nonstandard parts.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to communicate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.