Website General Dynamics Elec Boat
Shipfitter Job Highlights
|Experience||Less than 1 Year|
|Location||North Kingstown, RI, United States|
|Company||General Dynamics Elec Boat|
General Dynamics Electric Boat provides design, construction, and lifecycle support of submarines for the U.S. Navy.
The company is searching for a Shipfitter who is required to interpret construction drawings with basic mathematic ability.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma/GED; additional preference is given for Vocational, Technical, and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
- The candidates should have less than 1-year of work experience related to previous ship fitting/metal fabrication or carpentry experience or training.
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Must be able to work at heights, confined spaces, and extreme temperature conditions as required
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Must possess basic mathematical skills
- The applicant will be required to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and perform basic layout functions
- Military/Navy experience
- Previous experience working in the construction industry or a manufacturing environment
- Previous metal fabrication experience and military shipbuilding experience
- Layout, fabrication, assembly/installation of foundations, structures, bulkheads, frames, components, and deck packages
- Must be able to read and interpret written policies, procedures, and guidelines as work assignments will be accomplished using company drawings, test documents, technical manuals, and shipyard procedures
- Tack-weld structural parts as required
- Will be required to align parts in relation to each other using jacks, clips, and wedges through the use of blueprints and templates
- Will need to develop a working knowledge of structural weld joint fit-up/weld symbols, burning and grinding operations
- Work conditions may include an entry in restricted/confined spaces
- Applicants will be required to work in a collaborative team environment and meet organizational goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The job required climbing, color vision, crawling, kneeling, light lifting, medium lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, stooping, and twisting.
- They are acids or alkalis, cold, dry, dusty, fumes, hot, inside, noise, oily, outside, and wet.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers-gdeb.icims.com.