Website Hitachi Energy
Shipping Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Shipping – Welder|
|Location||Varennes, Quebec, Canada|
Hitachi Energy is a global leader in technology and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. The company is pioneering the digitalization of transformers while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC and DC applications.
The company is looking for a Shipping Welder to join its team for manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have obtained a Diploma of Vocational Studies following 18 months to 2 years of training
- Training or apprenticeship period (1 to 2 years)
- Knowledge and skills acquired through previous experience (1 year)
- Assemble sealing joints and transport covers.
- Attach transformers, reactors, and accessories to the rail car.
- Certification as a CWB welder category “FS, pos 1GF”.
- Clean transformers and reactors inside and outside.
- Complete the required checklists and documents.
- Disconnect cables from the control cabinet and accessories.
- Drain transformers and reactors after the successful completion of tests.
- Handle transformers, reactors, and accessories using an overhead crane, stacker, or rolling stock.
- Identify and dismantle accessories inside and outside the unit, and modify connections (Delta).
- Knowledge and ability to perform all types of electric arc welding (SAMW, FCAW), stainless steel, mild steel, and flat steel.
- Make crates and boxes.
- Operate the locomotive.
- Pack and ship accessories.
- Perform all welding work such as cover welding, repairing cover weld leaks, blocking on the rail car.
- Perform grinding of de-welded parts, etc.
- Perform paint touch-ups with a brush.
- Remove welds on all bulky parts on the rail car.
- Remove welds on covers or other parts using the ARC-AIR process (electric arc and compressed air) or another method.
- Attention is required to protect health and safety
- Environmental working conditions
- Internal and external communications: regular internal communications
- Manual dexterity and precision
- Problem-solving skills
- Responsibility for material and equipment handling
- Variety in your job: work is diversified
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellbeing Program
To apply for this job please visit www.hitachienergy.com.