Website Martin Marietta
Shop/Field Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is searching for a Shop/Field Mechanic who will perform preventative maintenance, repair, and fabrication of trucks, heavy and small mobile equipment Including plant processing equipment as needed.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of heavy equipment and/or on-highway truck maintenance experience or related field that showcases skills with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Can perform these duties in a shop or field environment.
- Conducts major repairs of all types of equipment as required to ensure proper working condition; dismantle and reassemble/rebuild equipment; fabricate parts and equipment as required.
- Conduct preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and downtime.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment; report to work on time as scheduled
- Performs annual inspections, evaluations, and repairs. Maintains an accurate schedule and record of equipment and vehicle maintenance logs and reports.
- Performs fabrication\welding and repair to processing and mobile equipment as needed.
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
- Strong computer diagnostic skills
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to perform these duties on our second shift assignment
- Able to supply and use own good working set of mechanics tools
- Able to work from elevated platforms or confined spaces
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions or in the shop
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
- Willing to work overtime, weekends as needed
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License. Class B minimum, Class A preferred. (or ability to obtain within 60 days of start)
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.