Website MYR Group
Shop Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Richmond, VA, United States|
MYR Group and its subsidiaries deliver the most notable electrical infrastructure and commercial and industrial projects. The company’s integrated solutions, extensive expertise, and comprehensive approach provide superior electrical construction services that drive strong project outcomes with exceptional customer service and value.
The company is seeking a Shop Mechanic who will work on and maintain a wide range of company vehicles and equipment in the shop.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
- 3-5 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (aerial certification training preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers, and tensioners
- 3-5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Aerial lifts
- Boom trucks
- Bucket trucks
- Class 1 to 8 vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Digger derricks
- Dozers and other construction equipment
- Large mobile cranes
- Overhead pullers and tension machines
- Ability to pass a background, MVR, and federal drug screening
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
- Welding skills – Stick, MIG, TIG, and Gas preferred
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid Short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death and dismemberment.
- Dental – 100% employer-paid premium.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) – $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Salary commensurate with experience with weekly pay. Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- ThrivePass Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program – $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Two days per week remote work option for non-field roles depending on position and performance.
- Various voluntary plans are available including supplemental vision, accident, critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
MYR Group and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. The Group is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit careers.myrgroup.com.