Shop Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Seadrift, TX, United States|
Dow is an innovative, materials science company. It combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as high-performance buildings, home and personal care, electrical and industrial, consumer goods, and components assembly.
The company is seeking a Shop Welder/Fabricator who will be able to lay out, fabricate, fit and weld pipe and piping fittings/forged components to assemble structural forms such as tanks, pressure vessels, chemical process piping systems, and structural steel.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in a chemical plant welding shop environment.
- 5 or more years of ferrous and non-ferrous metal welding experience.
- 2 years of technical training
- Certified to ASME Section IX, and AWS D1.1, ASME Section VIII
- Apply the welding skills in executing maintenance work.
- Assembles and welds, applying geometry, physical properties of metal machine weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
- Assist in maintenance planning.
- Assist in the development of maintenance work procedures.
- Clean workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease, using a wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions.
- Complete input for updating (GEMTS).
- Complete the work and return equipment to operations.
- Document/record history.
- Feedback information on job package quality and root cause analysis data as required.
- Follow the Global Maintenance Work Process.
- Follows job plan to complete work.
- Follows standard work procedures where available
- If significant additional problems are identified during the job that may need a new work order, thoroughly investigate the source/cause of the problem according to the value-added work process.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together
- Leverage trade skills to apprentice and other maintenance associates.
- Obtain the work permit for field jobs
- Perform the task for the job package.
- Review the job package and check if work can be carried out safely and according to the job package.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using various welding processes (GMAW, GTAW, SMAW).
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population that is spread across the site.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
- Basic arithmetic (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal, facilitative, and organizational skills.
- Organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
- Safety focused.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of the following equipment: Powerbrake, Plate Shear, drill press, ironworker, plate roller, turntables, and overhead hoists, portable and stationary welding machines, gas and air pipe bevellers. Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to the respirator.
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials
- A robust total rewards program, including competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
To apply for this job please visit corporate.dow.com.