Website Vulcan Materials Company
Shop Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Kennesaw, GA, United States|
|Company||Vulcan Materials Company|
Vulcan Materials Company is a producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various welding work and plant operation needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Technical school is preferred.
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Champion Safety – Take an active role in prioritizing safety throughout the operation for yourself and others at all times in accordance with MSHA and Vulcan standards.
- Inspect and Diagnose – Inspect and diagnose repair and maintenance of mobile and plant equipment.
- Perform General Physical Activities – Perform physical activities that require moving your whole body and considerable use of your arms and legs, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- Plan Jobs – Plan, design, organize and lay out construction and repair jobs from blueprints. Fabricate structural components from instructions.
- Weld Materials – Weld materials in flat, vertical, and overhead positions. Select rod and weld type and welder setting. Cut materials using air arcs, burning rods, and acetylene/oxygen cutting torches to fit fabrication and job requirements. Perform welding repair and maintenance to stational production-related equipment, machinery, and structures such as conveyors, crushers, elevators, drives, and screws.
- Flexibility – Must be willing to work overtime and extended hours depending on customer and company demands. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noises.
- Functional Knowledge – Must have a thorough knowledge of welding material, welding properties, and various types of metals. Must be able to interpret blueprints. Must be able to wire feed welding machines to hard face and fabricate and repair liners.
- Mechanical Skills – Must have some knowledge of industrial tools, their uses, and maintenance.
- Welding Skills – Must have welding experience. Must be able to perform brazing, welding, arc-welding, and cutting tasks.
- Great Company Culture – Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
- Meaningful Work – What sets us apart is that the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. The aggregates we produce are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
- Prepare for the Future – 401(k) with company match and contribution.
- Rest/Relaxation – Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
- Safety – An industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
- Training/Development – We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals, as a key part of our business.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit vulcanmat.taleo.net.