Shovel, Drill Diagnostic Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Shovel/Drill Diagnostic Mechanic|
|Location||Morenci, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is looking for a skilled Mechanic who will perform duties relating to the safe maintenance and repair of shovels and drills, including hydraulic and electric shovels. Be proficient in troubleshooting and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist, or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with other maintenance team members
- Proficient in layout and design and working from blueprints
- May be required to proficiently perform welding tasks, such as Carbon Arc, Plasma, MIG, TIG, and Stick
- May operate equipment such as forklifts, cranes, and small mobile equipment
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance
- Performs system diagnostic, replacement/repairs on, but not limited to electrical hydraulic systems; and component replacement and repairs on, but not limited to: dippers, handles, swing, propel, crowd and hoist transmissions, hoist cables, GET (ground engaging tools), drill bits, drill pipes, hydraulic pumps and motors, engines, electric motors, gearboxes, compressors, auto lube systems, and hydraulic valves and hoses
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of Work Orders
- Train and mentor other employees
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer – protected veteran, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.